A study of computer networks with a focus on internet protocols. The aim of this paper is to develop a practical understanding of the operation and programming of core internet protocols, application protocols and transmission technologies.
Topics covered include:
- Review of basic communications concepts
- IPv4 and IPv6'TCP
- Rooting principles
- Interior routing protocols including OSPF
- Exterior routing protocols (BGP)
- Network applications and application protocols
- Other transmission technologies
COMP202 Computer Communications and one of
COMP203 Programming with Data Structures or
COMP241 Software Engineering Development
Tanenbaum, Andrew (2011) Computer Networks 5th Edition, Prentice Hall.
Internal assessment/final examination ratio 1:1