BEng(Hons) PhD Nanyang
- Room No: FG.2.02
- Telephone: +64 7 838 4704
- Extension: 4704
- Facsimile: +64 7 838 4155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Ryan Ko is a Senior Lecturer with the Computer Science department of the University of Waikato, New Zealand. His main research focus is in the areas of Cyber Security, Cloud Data Provenance and Cloud Computing Security and Trust.
Prior to joining the faculty, he was a lead computer scientist with Hewlett-Packard (HP) Labs’ Cloud and Security Lab. Recipient of the Cloud Security Alliance Ron Knode Service Award, he is active as co-chair and board member of several cyber security industry consortia and chapters. He holds a B.Eng (Hons.) (Computer Engineering) and Ph.D. from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and is a member of IEEE and ACM.
Further details here.
- Cloud Computing Security and Trust (Cloud Data Provenance, Data Tracking)
- Cyber Security
- Linked Data Analysis
- Exploratory Visualisation Techniques
- Business Process Modeling
- Service-Oriented Computing
Selected Publications (Full List here)
- Ryan K. L. Ko, Stephen S. G. Lee, Veerappa Rajan. “Understanding Cloud Failures.” IEEE Spectrum 49(12). IEEE, New York, NY, 2012.
- Ryan K. L. Ko, Elroy Chew, Markus Kirchberg, Bu Sung Lee, ”Overcoming Large Data Transfer Bottlenecks in ReSTful Service Orchestrations.” 19th IEEE International Conference on Web Services (IEEE ICWS 2012), 24-29 June 2012, Hawaii, USA.
- Nick Papanikolaou, Siani Pearson, Marco Casassa Mont, Ryan K. L. Ko, ”A Toolkit for Automating Compliance in Cloud Computing Services.” Journal of Cloud Computing, Accepted 9 July 2012, to appear 2013.
- Olive Qing Zhang, Ryan K L Ko, Markus Kirchberg, Chun Hui Suen, Peter Jagadpramana, Bu Sung Lee, “How to Track Your Data: Rule-Based Data Provenance Tracing Algorithms.” 2012 International Symposium on Advances in Trusted and Secure Information Systems (IEEE TSIS 2012), in conjunction with 11th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom 2012), 25-27 June 2012, Liverpool, UK.
- Yu Shyang Tan, Ryan K L Ko, Peter Jagadpramana, Chun Hui Suen, Markus Kirchberg, Teck Hooi Lim, Bu Sung Lee, Anurag Singla, Ken Mermoud, Doron Keller, Ha Duc, “Tracking of Data Leaving the Cloud.” 11th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom 2012), 25-27 June 2012, Liverpool, UK.
- Ryan K. L. Ko, Peter Jagadpramana, Bu Sung Lee, ”Flogger: A File-centric Logger for Monitoring File Access and Transfers within Cloud Computing Environments.” 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Security in e-Science and e-Research (ISSR 2011), in conjunction with IEEE TrustCom, 16-18 November 2011, Changsha, China.
- Ryan K. L. Ko, Peter Jagadpramana, Miranda Mowbray, Siani Pearson, Markus Kirchberg, Qianhui Liang, Bu Sung Lee, ”TrustCloud – A Framework for Accountability and Trust in Cloud Computing.” IEEE 2nd International Cloud Forum for Practitioners (IEEE ICFP 2011), IEEE Computer Society, 7-8 July 2011, Washington DC, USA.
- Markus Kirchberg, Ryan K. L. Ko, Bu Sung Lee, ”From Linked Data to Relevant Data – Time is the Essence.” 1st International Workshop on Usage Analysis and the Web of Data (USEWOD 2011), in conjunction with the 20th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2011), March 28 2011, Hyderabad, India.
- Ryan K. L. Ko, Stephen S. G. Lee and E. W. Lee, "Business Process Management (BPM) Standards: A Survey." Business Process Management Journal, Emerald Publishing, 15(5), Pp. 744-791, 2009.