Mark Utting Photo

Mark Utting's Web Home

Gidday! I work as an associate professor in the Computer Science Department of Waikato University for 20% of the time. In the other 80% I am a Senior Research Fellow in Software Engineering at QUT, working on agent-based simulations of the Queensland Electricity Network, to incorporate higher levels of renewables, such as Solar Power and Battery Storage.

Note: During A semester of 2014, I will be in my office most days during weeks 2-3, 5, 7, 8-9, and 11-12, and available online via email at other times. I am not teaching during B semester.

In 2014, I am teaching the following paper:

In 2007, Bruno Legeard and I wrote a book on model-based testing, called Practical Model-Based Testing: A Tools Approach.

I am a member of the following research projects:

I also work on the semantics of object-oriented languages, theorem proving and real-time specification and refinement.

Some other topics that interest me:

Selected Publications


Dr Mark Utting
Department of Computer Science
School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
The University of Waikato, Private Bag 3105, Hamilton, New Zealand.

Phone: +64 7 838 4791
Fax: +64 7 858 5095
Email: marku@waikato.ac.nz
Web: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~marku


Last modified: Sat Mar 22 13:16:43 EST 2014